Among some cucumber salads, this Perfect Creamy Cucumber Salad is my favorite. And it’s so easy and simple that you can make it in minutes. This salad is very light and very fresh which is very beneficial for your health, in this heat you can take few minutes to take care of your health by making this side dish.
Table of Contents
What is Cucumber Salad Made of?
We all know how beneficial eating this cucumber salad is during summer. This salad is made with whatever you like, such as onions and a simple creamy dressing. You can also make it with tomatoes if you want. But this recipe is usually a sour cream or yogurt base with some kind of acid (lemon juice or vinegar), a little sugar, and dill.
Is Dill Better Fresh or Dried?
See we all know that fresh stuff is much better than dry or frozen stuff. Just as dried, although it doesn’t taste like fresh dill weed, dried dill weed is sold in the spice section of supermarkets where you can easily find it. Add more dried herbs to the mix to give it a dill flavor if that’s what you can get.
Health Benefits of Creamy Cucumber Salad
Creamy cucumber salad is very good to eat and delicious as well as very beneficial for your health. Let’s know before eating this salad what are the benefits of this salad:
Hydration: Cucumbers are rich in water as you know, so water helps to meet your body’s water requirements in this heat and helps you stay hydrated on hot summer days.
Weight Management: Contains ingredients with a low-calorie and high-fiber nature, so this creamy cucumber salad can help with weight loss and maintenance and also help you feel healthy.
Nutrient Rich: Cucumbers are a very good source of vitamins K and C as well as minerals like potassium and magnesium that you should know.
Digestive Health: Cucumbers are rich in fiber which boosts your digestion which is very good for your health because if your digestion is good then you can get rid of ailments like gas and also helps to prevent your constipation.
Skin Benefits: Cucumber contains silica, which helps a lot in promoting your healthy skin and improves skin tone.
Read More Delicious Recipes
The Perfect Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
Creamy cucumber salad also has a rich history of its own that can be traced back to your culinary heritage. This salad is believed to have originated in Europe, but particularly in Germany, where it is known as “Gurkensalat”. This particular salad enjoyed a German classic for many years, then slowly spread throughout the twenties. Let’s find out how to make it:
Creamy Cucumber Salad Ingredients
Here are some ingredients to make a tasty creamy cucumber salad or add some other ingredients to make them tastier:
Pick firm, crisp cucumbers for the greatest results.
Red onion: Gives the salad a splash of colour and a light onion flavour.
Dill: Fresh dill leaves pair wonderfully with cucumber.
Mayonnaise: Provides the salad’s acidic, creamy dressing.
Richness and a somewhat tangy flavour are added by sour cream.
Lemon Juice: It counteracts the smoothness by adding a tart citrus flavour.
White vinegar: Gives the dressing a little tang.
Sugar: Harmonises the flavour and brings out the cucumber’s inherent sweetness.
You’ve never tasted your taste buds with a whole lot of salt and pepper
The Perfect Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 Large Cucumbers
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill leaves for garnish
- Cucumbers should first be well-washed in cold water. With a fresh kitchen towel, pat them dry.
- Slice the cucumbers into thin rounds or half-moons using a sharp knife or mandoline.
- The red onion should also be thinly sliced into half-moons. To lessen the pungency of the onion slices, soak them in cold water for 5–10 minutes.
- Mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, white vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper should all be combined in a large mixing basin. The dressing should be fully mixed and smooth after whisking.
- Drain the onion slices, then combine them with the cucumber slices in the dressing. Gently toss to distribute the dressing among the cucumbers and onions.
- Give the salad one last swirl after adding some fresh dill leaves.
Serving Suggestions: Pairing Creamy Cucumber SaladCreamy cucumber salad pairs well with a variety of dishes and can be served in different ways. Here are some serving suggestions: BBQ Delight: Serve creamy cucumber salad alongside grilled meats, such as chicken, pork, or steak. The coolness of the salad complements the smoky flavors of the BBQ.
Picnic Perfection: Pack creamy cucumber salad in airtight containers and bring it along for a picnic. It’s a refreshing and portable option that’s perfect for outdoor gatherings.
Sandwich Companion: Use creamy cucumber salad as a topping or spread for sandwiches. It adds a creamy and tangy element to your favorite deli creations.
Wrap Filling: Spread a generous amount of creamy cucumber salad on a tortilla, add some grilled veggies or protein, and roll it up for a tasty wrap.
Asian Sesame Cucumber Salad
Asian Sesame Cucumber Salad is a great refreshing and flavorful dish that mainly originates from your Asia. This salad is known for its extraordinary taste which is your vibrant color and sweet, sour and tangy taste. In this salad you use some Asian ingredients like sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Let us tell you how to make it
Asian Sesame Cucumber Salad Recipe
Here is another delicious salad for you which is your Asian Sesame Cucumber Salad Recipe introduction
Asian Sesame Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for added spice)
- Wash the cucumbers well to start. Peeling them is an option, but leaving the skin on adds texture and color.
- Utilizing a knife, mandoline, or vegetable peeler, finely slice the cucumbers. You can make cucumber noodles using a spiralizer as well.
- Rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar (if used) should all be whisked together to make the dressing in a separate bowl. Adapt the flavours to your personal tastes.
- To make sure the cucumber slices are evenly covered, drizzle the dressing over them and gently toss.
- Sesame seeds should be uniformly distributed throughout the salad once you have sprinkled them on.
- Green onions that have been thinly sliced and a dash of red pepper flakes can be used to add flavour and fire to the salad, if preferred.
How many calories are in a bowl of cucumber salad?
1 cup of cucumber salad made with cucumber and vinegar and onions has 52 calories and 11.5g of total carbohydrates, 10.7g of net carbs, 0.1g of fat, and 0.8g of protein.
What is Asian cucumber salad made of?
This is what? A simple Asian cucumber salad dish is made with sliced cucumbers and red onions, a tangy dressing of sesame oil and rice vinegar, and toasted sesame seeds. The family loves this simple side dish since it goes nicely with so many different main dishes.
Can I use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise?
Yes, you can substitute mayonnaise with Greek yogurt for a healthier alternative. Greek yogurt adds creaminess and tanginess to the salad while reducing the overall calorie content.
How long can I store creamy cucumber salad in the refrigerator?
For up to three days, creamy cucumber salad can be kept in the fridge. To keep it fresh, be sure to store it in an airtight container.